Masks and Social Distancing in Choir
Posted by Sarah Mayper on 7/15/2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, new classroom procedures will be established for daily use during the 2020-2021 school year. They are as follows:
1) All students are recommended to have a personal hand sanitizer with them for use before, during, and after class. They are to use it at the door prior to entrance into the classroom. If a student does not have their own, a limited supply will be available for use that is provided by the instructor. If able, please do not solely rely on this for personal hand sanitization needs.
2) All students are required to wear a mask upon entry to the classroom. This includes but is not limited to cloth masks, medical grade masks, and face shields. Singing with a mask on is entirely possible, though not ideal, and I will be wearing one at all times as well. Failure to comply with this rule will result in a student not being permitted to sing for the day, which will be reflected in their daily grades. Only students with a written doctor's note will be excused from this, and must provide that prior to the start of rehearsal that day.
3) Chair formations will vary between classes, dependant on the class size. Students will be seated at a proper distance, and will not be permitted to move their chairs from their assigned location unless specifically instructed to do so.
4) Students may not share water or food at any time. Personal waterbottles have always been recommended, and are the msot sanitary way to remain hydrated while singing.
5) If a student uses the restroom, they are to wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds. This is not a new rule, but still deserved mentioning again.
The aforementioned procedures are to help provide as safe of a learning environment as possible, and are subject to change as more information from medical professionals is announced.