Applied Cyber Security
Registration Deadline: December 3, 2021
Next Start Date: January 6, 2022
This program offers a sequence of courses that provides coherent and rigorous content aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare for further education and cybersecurity-related careers in the Information Technology career cluster; provides technical skill proficiency, and includes competency-based applied learning that contributes to the academic knowledge, higher-order reasoning, and problem-solving skills, work attitudes, general employability skills, technical skills, and occupation-specific skills, and knowledge of all aspects of cybersecurity.
The content includes but is not limited to foundational knowledge and skills in computer and network security, security vulnerabilities, attack mechanisms and techniques, intrusion detection and prevention, cryptographic systems, system hardening, risk identification, incidence response, penetration testing, key management, access control, and recovery. Specialized courses focus on database security, planning and analysis, software, and web security.
Applied Cybersecurity Teaches:
- CTS0018 Cybersecurity Associate
- CTS0089 Information Security Administrator
Industry Certifications or Accreditation
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) certification
- Federal CIP Code: 511100
- SOC Code: 15-1122.00 - Information Security Analysis
- Program Number: Y100300
Basic Skills Requirement Accepted Tests Reading Math Language TABE* 10 9 9
If required, take the Basic Skills Test at our Testing Center. Call 941-255-7500 Ext. 120 to schedule to take the test.
Program Prerequisite Requirements
- Successfully completed CSIT, NSS, or some other formal technical program with equivalent cybersecurity-related competencies; or
- Currently holds a CompTIA Security+ or higher certification, or any Cisco certification; or
- Is currently or had recently been employed in a related IT field for a minimum of one (1) year.