A/C, Refrigeration, & Heating Technology I
Registration Deadline: December 7, 2020 Next Start Date: January 4, 2021
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for employment or advanced training in the heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration and ventilation industry. The student should obtain EPA certification prior to leaving school in order to be employed in any job that requires work with refrigerants. This program focuses on broad, transferable skills, stresses the understanding of the heating, air-conditioning, refrigeration, and ventilation industry, and demonstrates elements of the industry such as planning, management, finance, technical and production skills, the underlying principles of technology, and health, safety, and environmental issues.
- Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, and Heating Helper
- Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Heating Mechanic Assistant
- Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Heating Mechanic 1
Industry Certifications or Accreditation
- Articulated into AAS/AS degrees at any State College in Florida
- EPA 608 & HVAC Excellence
- Federal CIP Code: 47.0201
- Program Number: 400410
Basic Skills Requirement Accepted Tests Reading Math Language TABE 9 10 9
If required, take the Basic Skills Test at our Testing Center. Call 941-255-7500 Ext. 120 to schedule to take the test.
Program Prerequisite Requirements:
- Valid Florida Driver’s license
- Proof of Automobile Insurance