Paramedic - Shift Friendly
Registration Deadline: To Be Announced Next Start Date: To Be Announced
This program offers a sequence of courses that provides coherent and rigorous content aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare for further education and careers in the Health Science career cluster; provides technical skill proficiency, and includes competency-based applied learning that contributes to the academic knowledge, higher-order reasoning and problem-solving skills, work attitudes, general employability skills, technical skills, and occupation-specific skills, and knowledge of all aspects of the Health Science career cluster.
This is an instructional program that prepares students for employment as paramedics SOC 29-2041 (Emergency Medical Technicians & Paramedics) to function at the basic pre-hospital emergency medical technician - paramedic level and treat various medical/trauma conditions, using appropriate equipment and materials. The program prepares students for certification as paramedics in accordance with Chapter 64E-2 of the Florida Administrative Code.
- Paramedic I - 248 hours
- Paramedic II - 426 hours
- Paramedic III - 426 hours
Industry Certifications or Accreditation
- Paramedic (EMT-P)
- Federal CIP Code: 51.0904
- Program Number: H170212
Basic Skills Requirement Accepted Tests Reading Math Language TABE 10 10 10
If required, take the Basic Skills Test at our Testing Center. Call 941-255-7500 Ext. 120 to schedule to take the test.
Program Prerequisite Requirements
- Certified copy of High School Diploma / GED transcript
- American Heart Association BLS for Health Care Providers Certification
- Current State of Florida EMT License
- Background Check
- Drug Testing
- Successful completion of approved Anatomy & Physiology course by the date specified with Adult Career Counselor. Please Click Here for approved Anatomy & Physiology Classes
- Must be 18 years or older