Fire Fighter/ EMT Combined
Registration Deadline: November 11, 2020 Next Start Date: January 4, 2021
The purpose of this program is to provide the necessary training required for students to become certified Firefighters as well as licensed Emergency Medical Technicians. It is not intended for those who are currently certified/licensed as either Firefighters or EMTs. Students wishing to add an additional certification to an existing credential must enroll in either the Fire Fighter I/II program or the Emergency Medical Technician program.
Fire Fighter/EMT Teaches:
- Emergency Medical Technician - 300 hours
- Fire Fighter I- 206 hours
- Fire Fighter II - 192 hours
Industry Certifications or Accreditation
- Certified Emergency Medical Technician
- Fire Fighter I & II Minimum Standard Certification
- Federal CIP Code: 33-2011.00
- Program Number: P430216
Basic Skills Requirement Accepted Tests Reading Math Language TABE* 10 10 10 GED 2014 145 145 145 College Board Accuplacer 83 72 83 New SAT 24 24 25 ACT 19 19 17
If required, take the Basic Skills Test at our Testing Center. Call 941-255-7500 Ext. 120 to schedule to take the test.
Program Prerequisite Requirements
- Valid Florida Driver's License
- High School Diploma/ GED
- American Heart Association BLS for Health Care Providers Certification
- Background Check
- Must be 18 years or older
- EMT: Monday-Wednesday from 4pm - 9pm
- Ride alongs and ER clinical Thursday - Sunday as scheduled by the instructor
- Fire Fighter: Monday-Thursday from 5pm - 9pm and Saturday 7am - 3pm.