Dental Assisting Technology ATD
Registration Deadline: November 11, 2020 Next Start Date: January 19, 2021
This program includes didactic, academic, and clinical instruction. Clinical responsibilities encompass invasive procedures such as placing retraction cord and dental dams to non-invasive procedures such as impression taking and patient education. Other functions include laboratory work to receptionist and clerical functions. Students participate in clinical rotations through local dental offices in our community.
The Dental Assisting program follows the CDC’s policies and procedures on infectious diseases. These policies can be reviewed on the CDC website by clicking here.
Dental Assisting Technology & Management (ATD) Teaches:
- Introduction to Dental Assisting (90 hours)
- Dental Infection Control Assistant (210 hours)
- Dental Assistant 1, includes radiography & dental lab (465 hours)
- Dental Assistant 2, includes clinical rotations (465 hours)
Industry Certifications or Accreditation
- Articulated : Dental Assisting National Board (CDA)
- Federal CIP Code: 51.0601
- Program Number: IH170113
Basic Skills Requirement Accepted Tests Reading Math Language TABE* 10 10
New SAT 24 24
ACT 19 19
GED 2014 145 145
College Board Accuplacer 83 72
If required, take the Basic Skills Test at our Testing Center. Call 941-255-7500 Ext. 120 to schedule to take the test.
Program Prerequisite Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Background Check
- Drug Screening