Automotive Maintenance & Light Repair - Dual
The purpose of the Automotive Maintenance & Light Repair program is to prepare students for employment or advanced training in the automotive industry. Shop and laboratory activities are an integral part of the program and include instruction in applied theory, the use of tools, equipment, materials and processes found in the industry. Diagnostic troubleshooting is emphasized in all areas of instruction.
This program has earned Master Certification from the National Automotive Technician’s Education Foundation (NATEF). Outstanding students may qualify to participate in the AYES internship program.
Students may be program completers after MLR . Capstone to this program is MLR 5 & 6. Students earn honors credit in this program.
High school student admittance is based on current academic course history,
grade point average, FSA scores, attendance record and faculty recommendation.
Automotive Maintenance Light and Repair teaches:
- Automotive Maintenance & Light Repair 1
- Automotive Maintenance & Light Repair 2
- Automotive Maintenance & Light Repair 3
- Automotive Maintenance & Light Repair 4
- Automotive Maintenance & Light Repair 5
- Automotive Maintenance & Light Repair 6
*Direct Study can be used as necessary to provide credits as needed.
Industry Certifications Offered in this Program
Workforce Accepted (Non-Articulated):
- FADA (Florida Auto Dealers Association)
Next Start Date: August 31, 2020
High School Enrollment
Program Length: 6 credits
Schedule: See Dual Enrollment Flyer
Cost: $111.00* (Click here for a detailed cost sheet *For Estimation Purposes Only. Prices Subject to Change.)
Student Qualifications: No referrals
- Program Number: 9504100
Steps to Enroll:
- Complete the ApplicationClick Here
- Enrollment open January - March for the following school year