Degrees and Certifications:
My name is Ms. Grace Leatherman and I will be your child’s homeroom, ela, and social studies teacher this year. I have been teaching on and off for 29 years while raising my children. This is my first year here at Kingsway. I’m certified to teach in 2 states and have a Bachelor’s in Elementary Education. I am passionate about working with children and creating a positive environment where they can thrive.
I’m so excited to have your child in my classroom this year. Together, we will help your child unlock his/her full potential.
Some important things to remember:
- Please check and sign your child’s planner after he/she has completed their homework.
- Tuesday’s are P.E., so please have your child wear sneakers to school.
- Treats may be sent to school for your child’s birthday.
- Please, if at all possible, do not make doctor or dentist appointments during the school day. It is important for your child to not miss lessons.
- Please make sure your child keeps toys at home, unless of course it is an earned privilege.
- When absent, please have your child check Canvas for make-up work.
Our communication is important so there are a few options for you:
- Remind: @Kae33h
- Written notes in planner
- Phone Messages: 941-255-7590 ext. 3655
I will have office hours with a virtual sign-up slot for conferences each quarter. Please be sure to sign up for an “in person” or virtual meeting. The “Open House'' powerpoint has been uploaded to my teacher’s page, which will answer many questions. As always, please reach out to me with any concerns.
Thank you in advance for a great school year!
Ms. Grace Leatherman