Phone: (941) 255-7470 ext. 3903
Degrees and Certifications:
Leslie Saines, R.N.
Staying Healthy During Flu Season & All Year Long
The Charlotte County Health Department advises you follow these simple practices.
Don't spread your germs:
- Cover your nose & mouth with a tissue when sneezing, coughing, or blowing your nose (or cover sneeze with your elbow).
- Throw out used tissues in the trash as soon as you can.
- Always wash your hands after sneezing, blowing your nose, coughing, or after touching used tissues.
- Wash hands with warm water & soap - or with alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Wash hands often if you are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick, especially if you have a cough & fever.
- See your doctor as soon as you can if you have a cough & fever, and follow their instructions. Take medications as prescribed and get lots of rest.
Don't pick up germs from others:
- Wash your hands before eating or touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Wash your hands after touching anyone else who is sneezing, coughing, blowing their nose or whose nose is running.
- Don't share things like towels, lipstick, toys, cigarettes, or anything else that might be contaminated with respiratory germs.
- Don't share food, utensils, or beverage containers with others.