New Student Enrollment Guidelines
Students entering kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 1st.
A parent or guardian must accompany a student under eighteen (18) years of age to register for school. Florida law requires the following:
1. Written proof of current residence, address (e.g. recent utility bill, water, electric, mortgage or lease agreement).
2. Proof of date of birth. Need one of the following:
- Certified copy of birth certificate.
- Baptismal certificate showing date of birth and place of baptism, with parent's sworn affidavit.
- Insurance policy on child which has been in force at least two (2) years. Bible record of child's birth with parent's sworn affidavit.
- Passport or certificate of arrival in U.S. School record, at least four (4) years prior, showing date of birth.
- Parent's sworn affidavit accompanied by a certificate of examination from a health officer showing date of birth.
3. Proof of immunization from the Department of Health, Form 680. This form is available from a private physician or the Department of Health.
Charlotte County Health Department:
514 East Grace Street
Punta Gorda, FL 33950
4. Physical exam within the previous twelve (12) months signed and dated by a physician.
5. You should also have:
- Name and address of previous school(s) attended.
- Any available information from previous school(s) such as report cards, transcripts or student participation in special programs.
- Proof of Custody. If a single parent is separated, divorced, or if other custodial situation exists, a copy of legal residential custody document will be requested.