Attention Parents and Students:
Please read this page in its entirety by scrolling down this page and watching the videos. Also, please visit the pages related to the course you/your child are/is taking.
If your student is absent, please have them check Google Classroom for the work they have missed. I include an agenda (Book with Bookmark Icon) with the agenda for the day, handouts, completed notes, and instructional video(s). Students must watch the video(s) when they are out, so they do not fall behind. If your student missed a test or quiz, it is his/her responsibility to make an appointment with me to take it. Students will not take missed assessments in class since they will lose instruction.
Phone: 941-575-5450 Ext. 1223
Degrees and Certifications:
Degrees: Bachelor's of Science from Florida SouthWestern State College Certifications and Endorsements: Mathematics 5-9 Mathematics 6-12 ESOL
Mr. Robert Green
Hello everyone! My name is Robert Green, this will be my seventh year teaching starting in January. I graduated December 15, 2014 with my Bachelor's in Middle Grades Mathematics 5-9 from Florida SouthWestern State College (formerly known as Edison State College). I hold Florida certification in Middle Grades Mathematics 5-9 and Mathematics 6-12 in addition to my ESOL endorsement. I have taught Algebra 1, Algebra 1 Honors, Intensive Mathematics, Financial Algebra, Liberal Arts Math 1, Math for College Readiness, and Advanced Topics in Mathematics at Island Coast High School in Cape Coral for three and a half years. After leaving Island Coast, I taught M/J Mathematics 1, M/J Mathematics 1 Advanced, and M/J Mathematics 2 at Punta Gorda Middle for a year. Finally, I decided to return to the high school and taught Algebra 1A, Algebra 1, Liberal Arts Math 1, and Financial Algebra at Charlotte High School. This will be my third year at Charlotte starting the 2020-2021 school year.
I have lived in Charlotte County my entire life. I graduated from Port Charlotte High School in 2007. I am glad I have the opportunity to serve my community as a teacher. As a personal note, I enjoy watching and reading science fiction. My favorite movie is Star Trek (2009). I am also a Japanese enthusiast. I enjoy watching anime and reading manga in both English and Japanese. When I am not busy grading papers, I enjoy spending time with my friends and family.
- 2 Composite Notebooks (one for each semester)
- Color Pencils
- Blue, Black, Green Pens
- College Rule Loose-Leaf Paper
- Graph Paper
- Glue Sticks (need to be replenished throughout the year)
- Low Oder Dry Erase Markers
- TI-30Xa Scientific Calculator
- Index Cards
- Students will arrive to class on time and be ready to learn.
- Students will put their cell phones in their backpacks at the beginning of class.
- "Students use of cellular phone or other electronic or wireless devices is strictly prohibited at any time once the school day begins unless specific permission is granted by a teacher or adminstrator or is specific to an IEP or 504 Plan." Charlotte County Public Schools' Code of Conduct 2020-2021 Pg. 27
- The use of any electronic device is prohibited (expect calculators and Chromebooks).
- Please leave food, including gum and drinks other than water, outside the classroom.
- When assigned, online homework assignments are due at 11:59 pm on the due date.
- Students are expected to treat others and themselves with respect.
- Students must provide work (show their steps) for all assignments.
- Work will be upload through Google Classroom via picture or scanned document.
Students will complete a PBIS Behavior Reflection when they break classsroom rules and expectations. It will need to be completed by the end of class. A copy will be kept in the classroom on file and a copy will be given to the Dean's office.
- Students will complete bellwork in Google Classroom as soon as the bell rings.
- Assignment/Homework Help and/or Housekeeping
- Lecture and Guided Examples
Google Classroom Codes
Period 1: fheqxmj
Period 2: z6huanu
Period 3: yiktwxu
Period 4: k6gdyct
Period 5: bpr5jwh
Period 7: 2y537ki
Google Classroom is the students' lifeline to my class. If a student is absent, it will be his or her responsibility to check Google Classroom on what they missed while they are out.