Phone: 941-575-5450 ext. *7162
Degrees and Certifications:
Degrees: MAEd. University of the Cumberlands, Williamsburg, KY MBA Indiana Wesleyan University, Marion, IN BS-CIS Saint Leo University, San Antonio, FL FLDOE Certifications: Math Social Studies 6-12 Elementary K-6
Mr. William Beeler
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year. I am happy to be teaching Algebra 1A and Geometry this year. This will be my tenth year teaching, and my first year at Charlotte High School.
The course specific syllabus and supply list for your class is located in the menu to the left.
My classroom rules are listed below and will be followed according to school policies. These rules are in place to maintain a safe, enjoyable environment for everyone.
- Students are expected to be on time and prepared for every class.
- Students are expected to be in their seat when the bell rings and be ready to work.
- Students are not allowed to be out of their seat without permission.
- Cell phones MAY NOT BE USED DURING INSTRUCTIONAL TIME. This includes using them as a calculator.
- CELL PHONES MUST BE IN YOUR BACKPACKS AND SILENCED DURING CLASS TIME.
- If you are absent, it is your responsibility to find out what work you missed. I list all work for the day in Canvas.
- You may not have your head down, unless you are ill. If you are ill, I will issue you a pass to the clinic.
- Water is the only allowable drink in the classroom.
- Students are expected to use the restroom during passing period. If you need to use the restroom during class, a pass will be issued. Please do not abuse this.
The following is my general grading procedure for both my courses.
Students are expected to take notes and complete all work, each day. We go over several examples in class, and students have time to get started on their homework in class, when I can still answer questions. We have small quizzes nearly daily, to ensure homework is being completed. If you need an extension for something, please ask. I will try to accommodate. In order for you to receive credit for a problem, work must be shown.
Homework quizzes are typically 1 - 5 points. Quizzes are typically 25 points. Tests are typically 100 points.
Course grades are figured on total points earned divided by total points possible with:
90%↑ = A
80%↑ = B
70% ↑ = C
60%↑ = D
(Grades are rounded up from 0.5)