Understanding the Omega Station's Paper & Homework Programs
WHICH PAGE IS THE RIGHT ONE?
- Kindergarten through 3rd grade Omega Resource Classes are held throughout the Charlotte County, but they all share the same Stations' Papers.
- Needless to say, many times throughout the year, not all 5 classes meet all weeks.
- Consequently, it is important to find the class location and day plus the week the homework was assigned.
- The "Assigned Week" is based on Monday's date of that week.
- The due date is the following week or when your child's class meets next.
If your child's Omega class met on Thursday, August 15th. You would click on:
Week Assigned: 8/12
The homework would be due the following Thursday on 8/22.
WHAT IS THE HOMEWORK?
- Homework Options are located on the right side of the page
- Only 1 homework option is required, but many students do more than one because of interest or in hopes of accumulating points for the "Kid-Junk Auction" in December and May.
- If your child does not have access to a computer, please let me know and I can contact their regular ed. teacher. I'm sure a classroom computer could be borrowed for the assignment.
- Any paper may be signed to record the completion of homework. In other words, a Omega Stations' Paper does not need to be printed in order to be handed in and homework counted.
- Homework is not expected after a vacation
ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO ANYTHING WITH THE LEFT SIDE OF THE PAGE?
No, that is the week's agenda. Many times the class your child is attending has completed some of the items or have not gotten to them. It is just a good conversation starter.
IF THE BACK OF THE PAGE IS NOT COMPLETE OR IS WRONG, SHOULD I BE CONCERNED?
No, the back of the page is usually full of brain warm-ups that students can enjoy until all the buses have arrived and our class can begin.
HOW DO I LOG INTO TYPING CLUB AND HOUR OF CODE, Etc.?
The main things to remember are that: 1) you always need to login through ClassLink/ Launchpad and then our class website: bit.ly/omegawebsite and 2) your Typing Club and Hour of Code account have already been set up by Mrs. Liermann. The duoLingo & Tynker personal accounts need to be set up at home. Prodigy is found on the ClassLink/ Launchpad, then from there enter your Google password (firstname.lastname@example.org)