7th Grade Semester 1 Study Guide
7th Grade Study Guide-1st Semester 2017
v Be able to label the plot diagram chart
v The Flight of Icaruas
- Daedalus made wings for himself and his son in order to escape from the island of Crete
- Icarus flew higher and higher into the sky because he was bewitched by a sense of freedom.
- When Daedalus arrived safely in Sicily he built a temple.
- Daedalus first knew that his fears had come true when he saw feathers floating from the sky.
- “She flew like an eagle” is a simile.
v The People Could Fly
- The element that makes this story a folk tale is it has characters with supernatural abilities.
- The people first had the ability to fly when they were free in Africa.
- The phrase “She flew like an eagle” is a simile.
- The master of the plantation is described as a hard lump of clay which is a metaphor.
- The ones who could NOT fly at the end, told the story to their children who eventually became free.
v Sorry, Wrong Number
- The main conflict of the drama (play) is Mrs. Stevenson has overheard a murder plot, but she can’t get anyone to do anything about it.
- The element that shows that this is a drama is stage directions.
- The evidence that supports the inference that the “client” is Mrs. Stevenson’s husband is he knew that the coast would be clear that night.
- When Mrs. Stevenson hears from the Western Union man that her husband would not be home but went out of town, she burst into tears.
- The family moved from Texas to Tangerine, Florida.
- Paul played soccer and his brother played football.
- The Fisher family were an upper class family.
- Paul could see better than his family because he could see the truth in his brother.
- The freak show was called: The Wonders of the World
- In old photos, Paul was not wearing glasses.
- Paul lost his vision by his brother spraying paint in his eyes
- The soccer team is called the Seagulls.