This program offers a sequence of courses that provides coherent and rigorous content aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare for further education and cybersecurity-related careers in the Information Technology career cluster; provides technical skill proficiency, and includes competency-based applied learning that contributes to the academic knowledge, higher-order reasoning and problem-solving skills, work attitudes, general employability skills, technical skills, and occupation-specific skills, and knowledge of all aspects of cybersecurity.
The content includes but is not limited to foundational knowledge and skills in computer and network security, security vulnerabilities, attack mechanisms and techniques, intrusion detection and prevention, cryptographic systems, system hardening, risk identification, incidence response, penetration testing, key management, access control, and recovery. Specialized courses focus on database security, planning and analysis, software, and web security.
RegistrationEligible High School students must
- have a 2.5 minimum unweighted GPA, with no discipline or attendance referrals;
- be able to keep up with all Florida graduation requirements;
- have a level 3 reading score and a level 2 math score;
- be available for FULL-DAY sessions (i.e., homeschool, full-time virtual school, etc.); and
- hold a CompTIA Security+ or similar cybersecurity certification.
Applied Cybersecurity Teaches:
- Cybersecurity Associate
- Information Security Manager OR
- Data Security Specialist OR
- Software Security Specialist OR
- Web Security Specialist OR
- Information Security Administrator
Industry Certifications Offered in this Program
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
Next Start Date: August 2023
High School Enrollment
Program Length: 6 credits (1 year, full-time)
Cost: $70.00* (Click here for a detailed cost sheet *For Estimation Purposes Only. Prices Subject to Change.)
Student Qualifications: No referrals
- Federal CIP Code: 15-1212
- Program Number: Y300600