TV Pro I Syllabus and Grading Policy
Course Objective: Students enrolled in TV Production I will learn to use Adobe Premiere Pro, and will learn about film and the television broadcast industry, especially news broadcasting. By the end of the course, students should be proficient editors and should obtain Industry Certification through passing an Industry Certification Exam.
Topics Covered Include, but are not limited to:
- The History of Film
- The History of Broadcasting
- Parts of a Camera
- Editing Basics
- Editing a Promotional Video
- Conducting an Interview
- Editing an Interview
- Creating a Dialogue Scene
- Editing a Dialogue Scene
- Composting Using a Green Screen (chromakey)
- Creating a Slide Show
- Using special effects
- B Roll and how to use it
- Careers in TV Production
The order in which topics will be presented is flexible and depends on how students are progressing.
I want you to get an A in this class. In order to get an A, you must:
- Complete all assignments, paying attention to all requirements
- Turn in assignments on time (points will be deducted each day that an assignment is late)
- Not make excuses
If/when we get to the portion of the course where you can work in groups, all group members must participate. A group member being absent does NOT guarantee you an extension. You must work around challenges in the real world, and you must work around challenges in this course.