Week of September 6
9/24 Crazy Sock Day
10/18-11/1 Fall Intercession, NO SCHOOL
11/2 Trimester 1 report cards go home
11/22-26 Thanksgiving Break, NO SCHOOL
Benchmark Advance Grade 3: Unit 1, Week 3
Reading Comprehension & Vocabulary:
Texts for Close Reading - Animal Adaptations
- "One Body, Many Adaptations" p. 20-24
- Vocabulary Practice Text p. 25 & 27
- "Build Reflect Write" p. 26-27
- Close Reading Companion (handout)
My Word Study Book 1 Grade 3 (Canvas)
- p. 8 Build Automaticity (long o)
- p. 9 "The Coolest Monkeys on Earth"
*** Students reread these texts aloud and to themselves to build fluency.
Unknown Word Strategy Practice:
Unit 1 Word Study Practice Texts - Animal Adaptations
- p. 4 "Why Loons Have Flat Backs"
*** Students read this passage and apply strategies to figure out unknown words.
- mentor text and prompt (handout)
- writing companion booklet (handout)
- writing our first draft (lined paper)
- spelling, grammar, vocab pamphlet (handout)
- Scholastic News Magazine (September 6, 2021)
- Word Study fluency practice
- Phonics Unit 2, Lesson 1 p. 100-103
- iReady lessons
- chapter book and reading log
Don’t go through life, grow through life.