Would you like to become a Teacher in Charlotte County?
If you already have a Bachelor's degree, then you can become eligible for Florida teacher certification under one of the following options:
- Pass an appropriate subject area exam; OR
- Earn a degree major in an appropriate subject area; OR
- Complete the appropriate coursework in a subject area with 2.5 GPA; OR
- Complete a teacher Prep program from an accredited college; OR
- Possess a currently valid out of state teaching license in an equivalent subjects area and grade level offered by Florida.
To view a simplified illustration of the Florida certification process, please click the information link: Certificate Pathways & Routes. A teacher may begin teaching under either a temporary certificate or a professional certificate.
Do you have a Temporary Teaching Certificate?
Teachers with a temporary certificate need to meet professional certification requirements prior to the expiration of the temporary certificate in order to retain their certified status.
To view a document that outlines options for meeting the requirements for moving from a temporary certificate to a professional certificate, please click the following link: Upgrading from a Temporary to a Professional Certificate.
Refer to your original statement of eligibility letter for your specific requirements.