Navigating the healthcare system can be a challenge. Health Advocate offers a unique level of personalized support you won't find anywhere else. As an independent third party, our experts will answer your questions and take on virtually any healthcare issue -- so you and your family get the right care at the right time. Health Advocate services are all at no cost to you!
Our Personal Health Advocates can help you get to the right care at the right time and resolve a wide range of issues. They can:
- Support medical issues, from common to complex.
- Answer questions about diagnoses and treatments.
- Research the latest treatment options.
- Coordinate services related to all aspects of your care.
- Find the right in-network doctors and make appointments.
- Coordinate second opinions and transfer medical records.
- Research and locate eldercare services.
- REsolve insurance claims and medical billing issues.
- In California, sessions are limited to three (3) in a six-month period, not to exceed a total of five (5) sessions per year.
- Covered individuals are eligible for a combined total of five (5) face-to-face sessions with BDA clinicians. Individual face-to-face sessions are available for covered individuals 16 years and older. Family/group face-to-face sessions are available for covered individuals 12 years and older, and their parents. Face-to-face sessions are not available to children under the age of 12.
- Covered individuals with complex and/or longer-term problems will be referred by your BDA clinician to another professionally trained clinician. This referral will be billed to your health insurance plan or a community provider and does not count toward your five (5) grief and/or legal sessions.
Assistance from attorneys:
- Free 30-minute telephonic or face-to-face session
- Up to 25% employee discount on additional services
- Document preparation
- Divorce and separation
- Real estate
- Civil matters
Assistance from work life specialists:
- Free telephonic session
- Online access to information and provider locators
- Child care
- Elder care
Face-to-face sessions 1,2,3
- Available 24/7
- Marital and family
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Stress and anger
- Death and dying
- Telephonic employer advice
- Online access to information
Toll-free information line:
- Request educational material
Financial advice sessions:
- One free telephonic session and financial worksheet review