School Social Work Services
School social workers provide intervention services to meet the needs of students, families and school staff. All of the services provided by this team of professionals are coordinated with school staff and are specifically targeted for student success. Services include but are not limited to:
- Attendance and truancy intervention
- Classroom support services and character education
- Short term individual and group counseling
- Individualized support services for at risk students served in alternative programs
- Community agency collaboration and referrals
- Staff Consultation
- Dropout prevention and retrieval activities
- Assistance to homeless students and families, including housing, school registration, school supplies, food, clothing, etc.
- Crisis intervention, including suicide risk assessments, bona fide threat assessments, and crisis response to traumatic events
- Pre-disposition reports for students recommended for expulsion
Enhancing Student Success
To maximize opportunities for academic success by supporting and advocating for students and their families.
For More Information
Director of Intervention and Dropout Prevention Services