Welcome to the Charlotte County Public Schools Human Resources home page. Please explore the links on our site to complete an application, apply for job openings, and learn more about working in education in Charlotte County. We hope your visit here will be informative and helpful.
To promote character and competence in a positive learning culture that ensures success and inspires purpose for ALL.
Human Resources Mission
It is the mission of the CCPS Human Resources Team to support highly qualified educational professionals from recruitment to retirement by:
- Collaborating to balance the personnel needs of the District with the individual needs of current, future, and past employees.
- Establishing, administering and effectively Communicating sound policies, rules, and practices that treat students and employees with dignity and equality.
- Demonstrating Integrity by maintaining compliance with employment and labor laws, State Statutes, School Board Policies, and Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Exemplifying Leadership by recognizing that education is a "people business" and caring for people is our first concern.
- Sustaining Excellence by recruiting and retaining the best-qualified people to nurture and educate our students, while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the workplace.
- Ensuring Safety by providing a work atmosphere that is safe, healthy, and secure for students, staff, and community members who enter our properties.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
The School Board does not discriminate (including anti-Semitism – as defined in Bylaw 0100-) on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, transgender status, or gender identity), recognized disability, pregnancy, marital status, age (except as authorized by law), religion, military status, ancestry, or genetic information which are classes protected by State and/or Federal law (collectively, “protected classes”) in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities. (School Board Policy 1122, 3122, 4122)
The District also ensures equal access for Boy Scouts of America and other identified patriotic youth groups, as required by 34 C.F.R. §108 (Boy Scouts Act). The Equity Officers for the District are Adrienne McElroy (Director of Human Resources), available at (941) 255-0808 Ext 3090, and Patrick Keegan (Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources and Employee Relations), available at (941) 255-0808 Ext 3122. (School Board Policy 2260)