The following will occur in the event of a student accident:
- Parent/Guardian is to be notified whenever there is any degree of injury.
- The school nurse/designated personnel will assess injury and administer first aid when indicated.
- Emergency medical personnel are to be called for any indication of serious injury.
The Student Accident Report (SAR) is a required document for reporting student injuries.
- The school nurse or principal initiates a computer generated SAR.
- The school nurse or principal coordinates the completion of the required fields and required signatures on the SAR.
- The completed /signed original SAR is to be filed at the school/site.
- The completed SAR (Student Accident Report) is to be saved to Focus under the SAR tab.
Parent or Legal Guardian is responsible for completing and mailing student accident claim form. Please request a copy of the Student Acident Report, when applicable, from the school administrator/principal and/or the school nurse.
Student Accident Insurance
Student Accident Insurance is made available throughout the year. Our Provider is:
Administered by: Scholastic
Insurance of Florida, T.P.A.
P.O. Box 784268
Winter Garden, FL. 34778
Please contact them or access their website for all information and forms.