Homeless Education Project
The goal of the Charlotte County Public Schools (CCPS) Homeless Education Project is to help students in transition achieve academic success.
Students serviced through April for the 2018-2019 school year:
- 366 students were certified in the program. (approximately 190 families)
- 32 students from the Englewood / El Jobean area
- 224 students from the Port Charlotte / Murdock area
- 110 students from the Punta Gorda / Burnt Store / Deep Creek area
- 51 students are unaccompanied
- On average we have certified 33 new students per month.