The earlier you apply the better, as all students must meet with the Financial Aid Specialist before receiving any financial aid. The calculated FAFSA Application should be available within five business days for your school to review, if you electronically file your application.
Before you begin the FAFSA, you will need to gather certain documents. Dependent students will need the following documents from their parents:
- Apply for a FSA ID.
- Students, parents, and borrowers are required to use an FSA ID, made up of a username and password, to access certain U.S. Department of Education online systems. Questions?
- Your FSA ID is used to confirm your identity when accessing your financial aid information and electronically signing your federal student aid documents.
- Federal income tax transcripts.
- W-2 forms.
- Records of untaxed benefits received.
- Current bank statements.
- Records of other savings and investments, such as stocks, bonds, and mutual funds.
There is a free worksheet on the FAFSA site that you may download to get you started in the process. Help can be obtained by calling Federal student aid Help Desk at 1-800-4-FEDAID ( 1-800-433-3243 ).
To qualify for financial aid you must have a high school transcript which states you have graduated with a standard diploma or a GED.
Charlotte Tech's School Code: 016165
Be sure to click on "Submit FAFSA Now" and always PRINT a copy of the confirmation page for your records after submitting your application.
Remember that completing your FAFSA Application does not automatically make you eligible to receive financial aid.
After you receive an email back from the federal government, please call 941-255-7500, the Financial Aid Office for guidance through the next step.
For more information on financial aid click on the linked title below.