Students entering kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 1st. Call the school for a registration appointment.

    A parent or guardian must accompany a student under eighteen (18) years of age to register at a school. Florida law requires the following:

    1. Written proof of current residence address
      (e.g. recent utility bill, water, electric, mortgage or lease agreement).
      (A driver's license is not an acceptable proof of residency)
      Parents of students lacking a permanent or regular home are asked to complete an affidavit of residency form when they register at the school.
    2. Proof of date of birth - need one of the following:
      • Certified copy of birth certificate.
      • Baptismal certificate showing date of birth and place of baptism, with parent's sworn affidavit.
      • Insurance policy on child which has been in force at least two (2) years.
      • Bible record of child's birth with parent's sworn affidavit.
      • Passport or certificate of arrival in U.S.
      • School record, at least four (4) years prior, showing date of birth.
      • Parent's sworn affidavit accompanied by a certificate of examination from a health officer verifying the child's age.
    3. Proof of immunization - All students enrolled in the school district of Charlotte County shall be required to present a certificate of immunization for those communicable diseases for which immunization is required by the Florida Department of Health.
    4. Physical exam within the previous twelve (12) months signed and dated by a physician.
    5. You should also bring:
      • Name and address of previous school(s) attended.
      • Any available information from previous school(s) such as report cards, transcripts or student participation in special programs.
      • Student Social Security Number (optional). Bring card with you, it will become student identification number. 
      • Proof of Custody. If a single parent is separated, divorced, or if other custodial situation exists, a copy of legal residential custody document will be requested.
      • If student is residing with a caregiver that does not have legal custody or student is abandoned by custodial parent, the Caregiver's Authorization Affidavit (Appendix 18) will be requested.

    Guidelines and Procedures for Student Registration and Records