Students entering kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 1st. Call the school for a registration appointment.
A parent or guardian must accompany a student under eighteen (18) years of age to register at a school. Florida law requires the following:
- Written proof of current residence address (e.g. recent utility bill, water, electric, mortgage or lease agreement).
(A driver's license is not an acceptable proof of residency)
Parents of students lacking a permanent or regular home are asked to complete an affidavit of residency form (Appendix 17) when they register at the school.
- Proof of date of birth - need one of the following:
- Certified copy of birth certificate.
- Baptismal certificate showing date of birth and place of baptism, with parent's sworn affidavit.
- Insurance policy on child which has been in force at least two (2) years.
- Bible record of child's birth with parent's sworn affidavit.
- Passport or certificate of arrival in U.S.
- School record, at least four (4) years prior, showing date of birth.
- Parent's sworn affidavit accompanied by a certificate of examination from a health officer verifying the child's age.
- Proof of immunization - All students enrolled in the school district of Charlotte County shall be required to present a certificate of immunization for those communicable diseases for which immunization is required by the Florida Department of Health.
- Physical exam within the previous twelve (12) months signed and dated by a physician.
- You should also bring:
- Name and address of previous school(s) attended.
- Any available information from previous school(s) such as report cards, transcripts or student participation in special programs.
- Student Social Security Number (optional). Bring card with you, it will become student identification number. Click here for the SSN Disclosure Notice.
- Proof of Custody. If a single parent is separated, divorced, or if other custodial situation exists, a copy of legal residential custody document will be requested.
- If student is residing with a caregiver that does not have legal custody or student is abandoned by custodial parent, the Caregiver's Authorization Affidavit (Appendix 18) will be requested.
|Charlotte County Health Departments|
|Englewood:||Port Charlotte:||Punta Gorda:|
|6868 San Casa Rd.||1100 Loveland Blvd||514 East Grace Street|
|Englewood, FL 34224||Port Charlotte, FL 33980||Punta Gorda, FL 33950|