Please Vote Today!
Weekly Wellness Tip
Seafood for a Change
Living on the beautiful gulf coast, we are exposed a variety of forms of seafood. According to the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, eating 8 ounces of seafood per week can help adults prevent heart disease. Avoid fried portions, or those made with creamy sauces. Instead, try different spices and citrus to boost its flavor.
Hover over image to pause slideshow.
Charlotte County College Fair
September 23, 2015
6:00PM - 8:00PM
In the Port Charlotte High School Gymnasium
We love Moms and Dads! Come work for Champ's Cafe!
It takes 165 of us to work at 20 kitchens to feed nearly 15,000 breakfast and lunch meals each day to our Charlotte County Public Schools' students and staff. Most of our food service assistants start as substitutes, working hours such as 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM. If you would like to work for Champ's Cafe, head on over to our webpage and visit the "Our Staff" page. From there you will find a link to our Job Opportunities and "How to be Hired" Information on the right hand side. Feel free to call us at 941-575-5400 ext. 179 to learn more about employment with our department. We hope to see you down at Champ's Cafe!
Click on the following links for an overview of the energy produced by the implementation of solar collecting devices at CCPS schools.
- Charlotte High School's Sunny Tower
- Charlotte High School's Water Heaters and Boilers
- Kingsway Elementary School's Solar and Weather Statistics
- LA Ainger Middle Solar Array
- Lemon Bay Water Heaters
- Liberty Elementary School Solar Arrays
- Meadow Park Canopy at Entrance
- Meadow Park Covered Play Area
- Meadow Park Water Heaters
- Murdock Middle School Solar Arrays
- Myakka River Elementary School Solar Arrays
- Port Charlotte High School Solar Arrays
- Port Charlotte Middle School Solar Arrays
- Punta Gorda Middle Solar Array