Weekly Wellness Challenge
INCREASE YOUR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
Increasing your physical activity each day, by any amount, is good for your health. This week, Employee Wellness encourages all employees to park further from their office/building than they normally do. This may add between 600-1000 steps to your day!
Hover over image to pause slideshow.
The Lemon Bay High School Theatre Department Proudly Presents:How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying!
GCSAHEC is holding free tobacco cessation classes to help those who are looking to quit smoking.
The classes are March 25th, April 1st & 22nd, and May 6th & 27th
from 5:00 - 7:00 PM.
Click here for more information!
Congratulations to Barbara Deubel - Para 1 - of Deep Creek Elementary School for being named Charlotte County Public Schools Support Employee of the Year. She and four finalists were recognized for their invaluable contributions to children Wednesday night at the Charlotte harbor conference and Events Center. Forty Five nominations were received and after several rounds the Selection Committee chose these folks to represent the best of the best.
- Karon Lewis - Office Asst. 1 - East Elementary School
- Dennis Neff - Head Custodian - Port Charlotte High School
- Zelda Smith - ISS - Port Charlotte Middle School
- Julaine Tollison - Occupational Therapist - Kingsway Elementary School
If you have an opportunity please extend a heartfelt congratulations to these fine people.
Congratulations go out to Sharon Bruno 8th Grade - Career Technology - STEM Lab Teacher for being named Charlotte County Public Schools Teacher of the Year. Sharon and four finalists were Recognized at The Charlotte Harbor Events Center Wednesday evening February 12th, 2014. Thank you and congratulations to the 65 Teachers who were nominated for this honor. The Selection Committee commented on how strong each and everyone of the application and nomination packets were and what a daunting task this was to select just five.
- Christine Carey, Kindergarten - Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Liberty Elementary School
- Kim Kirkpatrick, 3rd Grade - Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Neil Armstrong Elementary School
- Kristen Manomat, 5th Grade - Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Deep Creek Elementary School
- Deven Seibert, 3rd Grade ESE, Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Meadow Park Elementary School
Click the Link above to see Charlotte County Public Schools Official Budget for 2013-2014
This year the Kiwanis Shoes for Kids Project marks its ninth year of collecting new sneakers for students in the Charlotte County Public School System. The focus of this project is to collect new tennis shoes, for children in need and then distribute them to all of the schools in the Charlotte County Public School System at the start of the 2013-2014 school year. This year the goal is 4500 new pairs of sneakers.
For any parent or guardian needing shoes for their child, please contact the front office staff to inquire as to the specifics of distribution at the particular school site. The Sunrise Kiwanis Club of Port Charlotte enjoys working with the community to help local families meet a basic need. If you have any questions regarding the project please go to www.shoesforkidsproject.org.
Click on the following links for an overview of the energy produced by the implementation of solar collecting devices at CCPS schools.
- Charlotte High School's Sunny Tower
- Charlotte High School's Water Heaters and Boilers
- Kingsway Elementary School's Solar and Weather Statistics
- LA Ainger Middle Solar Array
- Lemon Bay Water Heaters
- Liberty Elementary School Solar Arrays
- Meadow Park Canopy at Entrance
- Meadow Park Covered Play Area
- Meadow Park Water Heaters
- Murdock Middle School Solar Arrays
- Myakka River Elementary School Solar Arrays
- Port Charlotte High School Solar Arrays
- Port Charlotte Middle School Solar Arrays
- Punta Gorda Middle Solar Array