New Teacher Evaluation Project:
Multiple Measures, and Race to the Top
The goals of the PACE 2.x committee are:
- To collaboratively develop a proposal and implementation plan for a number of simultaneous initiatives including: a new observation instrument (iObservation), a new model for teacher evaluations (including a Value-Added component), possible changes to Professional Development Plans (PDPs), and possible changes in teacher remuneration due to performance pay requirements.
- To collaboratively develop a proposal and implementation plan that, while guided by state and federal mandates, remains true to our responsibility of providing the best possible education system for all Charlotte County stakeholders .
- To reach compliance with state and federal legislation including the Student Success Act (Senate Bill 736) and Race to the Top.
The interests of the PACE 2.x committee are:
- Maintaining high standards for students
- Providing clear and equitable expectations for instructional staff
- Supporting authentic improvement in student performance
- Supporting authentic improvement in teacher and administrator effectiveness
- Designing a realistic plan that is achievable and sustainable, regardless of federal and state mandates
The values of the PACE 2.x committee are:
Frequently Asked Questions
We appreciate your feedback. Please email:
Bryan Bouton, CFEA President
Barbara Melanson, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources and Employee Relations